Comprehensive Tax Services
With career and financial success comes tax complexity. We are here to help.
Just the mention of the word taxes elicits an emotional response…and not a good one. Many of us delay the completion of our taxes – whether it’s a state income tax return, federal tax return, or small business taxes – and leave it up to a person we meet with once a year or a online tax return software that guides us through an endless avalanche of blanks to fill. For those that have questions after tax time, oftentimes we are stuck combing through Google for answers. But, it doesn’t have to be this way.
We will help you with preparing and filing your taxes every step of the way. As part of our TAX process, we will discuss your needs and provide you with a quote for our services.
We will gather documents and information from you conveniently, utilizing technology where appropriate to assist us in streamlining this process. Finally, we will help you e-file your federal and state (if applicable) taxes.
We prepare taxes for:
- Domestic Individuals and Families
- U.S. Expats
- Small Business Owners
Tax planning isn’t confined to the first part of the year. We will help identify tax deductions and strategies that will help minimize taxes or maximize your future wealth. Some examples of items we provide tax consulting services for include:
- Roth IRA conversion strategies
- Maximizing employer and individual retirement plans
- Planning for employee stock benefits, including restricted stock units (RSUs) or stock option plans
- Reviewing employee benefit plans such as health savings accounts, (HSAs), flexible spending accounts (FSAs), and health reimbursements accounts (HRAs)
As part of our proprietary TAX process, we offer tax preparation and consulting services to help you plan and execute an effective tax strategy. By looking at both your current and future tax years, you will feel confident that you are making strong decisions now and in the future.
- Determine what financial success looks like for you
- Are you on track to meet your goals
- Are you in the most tax efficient position for your goals
- What type of accounts your currently hold
- What strategies have you previously put in place to meet your goals?
- Determine what separates you from your retirement dreams
- Pinpoint adjustments that can be made to expedite your journey
- Ensure you do not outlive your money
- Understand what makes a difference to you and how you would like to shape your legacy
- Build unique and comprehensive roadmaps to success based on individual goals
- Work together so you understand each step of your personalized plan
- Invest for the long-term and stay the course
- Review your goals on an on-going basis
Book an Appointment
What kinds of tax returns can you prepare?
- Married Filing Separately
- Injured Spouse
- Small Business
- Single or multiple member LLC
- Rental Property and Landlord
- IRA distributions
- 401k rollovers
What can I expect from having my taxes prepared by your firm?
- Fast, personalized service
- Attention to detail
- Tax law knowledge and over 14 years of tax preparation experience
What services do you offer in addition to tax preparation?
- An overall investment review
- A tax efficiency assessment to ensure you are not over paying
- Comprehensive financial planning
- Rollovers of 401k
- Business exit planning
- Roth conversion analysis
Do I need to live in Madison to use Walkner Condon Tax Services?
While Walkner Condon Tax Services is based in Madison and serves clients living in the area, we use a suite of software services to securely share documentation and can meet with clients virtually, allowing us to work with you wherever you might live.
I own a small business. Does tax consulting make sense for me?
Without having a complete picture of your business and your goals, it’s hard to say what tax strategies would be most beneficial for your particular situation. However, the complexities of operating your own business make tax consulting an important piece of your financial success. We’d encourage you to set up an initial meeting to discuss your background and determine the best fit for you.
How do I check the status of my Wisconsin state tax return or federal tax return?
If you’ve already filed your Wisconsin state income tax return, you can check the status of your refund by going to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue’s Where’s My Refund page.
To check the refund status of your federal income tax return and the status of your federal refund, use this page from the IRS.